Brand: 1844 Helko Werk Germany
- HANDMADE IN GERMANY Our Classic Scandinavian is a heavy duty, straight-handled splitting axe, designed solely for difficult splitting work. The 5 ½ pound head is capable of splitting large rounds, difficult logs, and tough firewood
- C50 HIGH CARBON STEEL - 53-56 HRC - This Scandinavian axe head is designed specifically as an axe for chopping wood and delivers powerful strikes without getting stuck or pinched up in the wood. It is a great addition to your firewood cutting tools, the head is buffed and polished to a reflective finish for reduced cutting friction and improved rust resistance
- GRADE A AMERICAN HICKORY HANDLE - LINSEED OIL FINISH - 150 GRIT SANDED Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory handle individually hand finished and selected for grain orientation and density with a boiled linseed oil finish and sanded to 150 grit for a comfortable and smooth finish on your axe handle
- INCLUDES FULL GRAIN LEATHER SHEATH - 1 OZ. BOTTLE OF AXE GUARD PROTECTIVE OIL Helko Werk Axes include a vegetable-tanned premium leather axe sheath to protect your axes and hatchets
- DIMENSIONS Head Weight: 5 ½ lb / Length: 31 in. / Total Weight: 7 ¼lb
Details: This premium, high performance splitting axe features a 5.5 pound head capable of splitting large logs, difficult trunks, and tough firewood. This axe was born with a sole purpose: To split tough wood. And it does it. If you are facing a cold winter and need help burning through a cord of wood, look no further. It isn't the largest tool on the block, but what it lacks in size is made up with in efficiency with the duel-wedge Scandinavian head design. The head is buffed and polished to a highly reflective finish that reduces cutting friction and improves rust resistance.
+ Handmade in Wuppertal, Germany
+ German C50 high grade carbon steel, 53-56 HRC
+ Open face drop forged, heat treated, and oil-hardened
+ Polished to a highly reflective finish
+ Crafted in Switzerland from Grade A American hickory
+ Selected for strength, grain orientation, and density
+ Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
+ Hung with softwood wedge and notched steel ring wedge
+ Vegetable-tanned leather sheath, USA made
+ 1oz bottle of Axe-Guard
+ Length: 31 in.
+ Head Weight: 5.5 lb
+ Total Weight: 7.5 lb
*Handle colors may vary lighter or darker than photos.
Visit our website - Helko North America - to see full product line