Color: Black Metallic
- Size: 2.4" H x 26" Diam.
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Armando Ramirez
- Product Info: Upcycled metal auto parts
Details: NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured - weâ€™ll do everything we possibly can to ensure youâ€™re a happy customer.
About this item: Rustic medieval knights do battle on the chess field in this wonderful creation by Armando RamÃrez. Combining art and function, he sculpts each piece from discarded automobile parts and metal. Queens boast spark plugs and screws, kings are spark plugs and bearings. Gears, nuts and bolts, die-cut scraps, wire and sheet metal all play a role in this epic challenge.
The artisan does not give his sculptures a fine polished finish, therefore smudges and scratches may be present.
- Each work is unique. Recycled parts will vary from piece to piece based on availability.
- Features a rustic, rugged finish
- Two extra queens included
About our Artist: Born in a Mexican town famed for its traditional artistry, Armando Ramirez dreamed of creating something new. 'As a child I enjoyed inventing toys, and soon yearned to create a unique style of art. Environmentally enamored, I now transform recycled goods. I began to craft figures from scrap and discarded mechanical parts, mostly from cars and bicycles. Thanks to the creativity that God gave me, today I have an enjoyable and better way of life.'
Package Dimensions: 27.4 x 26.9 x 4.5 inches